Collecting sea shells is a beautiful and very interesting hobby because you will constantly deal with rich color schemes and visit different beaches around the country. If you are new to this field, then you should be aware of a few things. Today we will talk about some tips that will help you collect seashells from now on.
- You should start slowly and understand that collecting a particular thing takes a long time. The same goes with sea shells and it will take a long time before you can have your shelves packed with boxes filled with sea shells. So, you should not be upset if you don’t see your collection growing bigger than ever in just a few weeks.
- You should educate yourself before you head out to collect seashells. This will help you to learn more about how to find seashells, where to find them and also know their characteristics. You can search the internet to get a whole lot of information about these. Learning before collecting sea shells should be a good thing to follow.
- There are different kinds of seashells that are available out there. One of the best ways to build a good collection is by focusing on one kind initially. This will allow you to learn about the sea shells in detail and also help you categorize them in a proper manner.
- Collect empty Florida shells. If you ever find a live sea shell, it would be a good idea to put it down. Move on to the other seashells. You can walk to the beach after a storm or early in the morning to get a huge collection of sea shells of different kinds. Also, unearth the stones or any driftwood on the beach because a whole lot of seashells can be easily found under these.
- Always carry the right gear when you are planning to go sea shelling. Even though you can easily dig for the shells with your bare hands, it is a good idea to use proper gear. Use a small spade or trowel in order to dig out the sand. Carry a net where you can put the sand and separate the seashells from it. Also, don’t forget to carry sunglasses, hats and sunscreen in order to protect yourself from the scorching heat.
- You should never use any kind of chemicals in order to clean the sea shells. That’s a thumb rule. Chemicals can completely damage the shine and natural beauty of these creatures. You need to be very careful while handling them. Use clean water to wash and clean them thoroughly. Nothing else. Also, don’t scrub the seashells too hard or else you will definitely crack them.
So, here are some very useful tips that will help you to create a wonderful collection of seashells. Follow these tips and you’ll be able to maintain an eye striking seashell collection by the end of this year. Best of luck!